Wicket Gate Bearings
Improve gate control and turbine efficiency while extending overall bearing life with our self-lubricating material. CIP Hydro™ bearing materials are ideal for use in wicket gate applications, and require no grease or related lubricated systems. Specially formulated to provide smooth operation in both wet and dry installations, CIP Hydro is the superior bearing material to accommodate the small oscillating movements, high bearing pressures and misaligned conditions often found with wicket gate operations.
Benefits to using CIP Hydro Wicket Gate Bearings
- Environmentally friendly
- Negligible water swell
- Wet or dry running
- High load and slow rotating capacity
- High edge and shock load capabilities
- Low coefficient of friction
- Low Wear Rate
- Corrosion Resistant/Prevents Galvanic Corrosion
- Machinable in place
CIP Hydro™ is tested by Powertech labs and is an approved material by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Wicket Gate Projects
The following is a partial list of the wicket gate projects installed with CIP Hydro bearings.
- John Day Dam, Oregon, USA
- GM Shrum Generating Station, British Columbia, Canada
- Mica Dam, British Columbia, Canada
- Blue Ridge Dam, Georgia, USA
- Idaho Falls Power Old Lower Power Plant, Idaho, USA
- Round Butte Dam, Oregon, USA
- Beechwood Dam, New Brunswick, Canada
We are available to answer your questions, offering 24 hour support and fast delivery on all custom orders. If you are interested in learning more or have questions please contact us at (888) 999-1835 or by completing our online form.